JO 6 & 7 athletes ages 10-17 as of the start of Alberta Winter Games (Feb 16, 2018).
Trials is an open age competition. If an athlete makes the team, Alberta Winter Games WILL BE a declaration meet. Athletes who compete at this sanctioned competition may move up one level within their competitive category at subsequent sanctioned competitions, but cannot move down for the remainder of the competitive season. Exception: When a zone does not meet the composition requirement for JO 7, they may fill with athletes from JO 6. That athlete may then return to JO 6 for the remainder of the season, as long as they declared this when registering for the Trials.
Medical Petitions will not be accepted. Refer to handbook for exceptions.
The top 4 JO 6 and the top 4 JO 7 athletes from each zone will qualify to the Alberta Winter Games.
In the event that a zone cannot fill all of the JO 7 team, they can assign a JO 6 athlete to fill the spot. This must be declared to the WAG Program Coordinator by the late registration deadline. This rule does not apply to the JO 6 team.
Rules and Regulations:
- Current JO Code of Points
- Current CJO Rules and Regulations
- Equipment Specs will follow CJO Rules and Regulations
- 15-minute warm-up (Athletes may use the floor, mats, and runway ONLY)
- 90 second warm-up per athlete at events
• Opens October 16, 2017
• Registration deadline: November 16, 2017
• Late Registration deadline: November 28, 2017 with a $35 late fee added
• Cost: $125/athlete
All-Around 1st – 3rd place A.G.F. Large Medals
Events 1st – 3rd place A.G.F. Small Medals
All-Around & Events 4th – 8th place A.G.F. Ribbons
Entry Fee Refund requests:
Entry Fee Refund requests must be completed on the Entry Fee Refund Form (Appendix 8) and submitted to the A.G.F. Women’s Program Coordinator (c/o the A.G.F. office).
• If Entry Fee refund form is submitted 9 business days prior to the event, a full refund will be issued minus a $25 administration fee
• If Entry Fee refund form is between 5 and 8 days prior to the event, a full refund will be given minus a $35 late administration fee
• If Entry Fee refund form is submitted less than 5 business days prior to the event, no refund will be issued
• Exception: Full entry fee will be refunded for medical reasons at any time prior to the start of the event- a medical note may be required upon request.
• Vault will be onto a hard surface
• SA bars (one old model, one newer model similar to Gymnova).
• If you need to raise the bar height, please fill out the request to raise bar height form and send into the AGF office before the start of the competition.
Click below to download the Bulletin and tentative Schedule